Step by step...literally

Where to start?  Health ~ Work ~ Life
Health ~ Well the Allergist never did find out why I was having respiratory issues. It has sort of worked itself out. I haven't been "sick" in a while. I'm chalking it up to a seasonal issue. So all in all I've been feeling good. For about the last month my team at work has been participating in a walking challenge. We all wear pedometers and track our steps. My goal is at least 10,000 steps a day. This is a challenge for me at work because I am usually trapped at my desk/computer but we look for moments to break away. In fact I find that I focus better after I go for a short walk. It's a stress re leaver (and I'm trying to rid stress in my life).

Along with the walking I also cut down on sodas until I was only drinking water and sweet tea. With just those few changes I started to feel better and loose a little weight. This helped to jump start my challenge to myself on reclaiming my body.

As some of you may know, Jeff and I are trying for baby number 2. You would think that because I've gone though all of this before that it would be easier but it seems that there are still challenges. I have PCOS and I am insulin resistant. Apparently my insulin is too high and I need to get that under control before I continue infertility  treatments. My Endocrinologist suggested the G.I. Diet. I have this book but hadn't cracked the pages open since 2006.
As I reintroduced myself to the ideas in this book I became more motivated than ever. With Jeff's help I cleaned out the fridge and pantry (in a very Cam fashion - for any of you Modern Family watchers). I spent about 4 hours making a grocery list and planning the menu for the week. I went to the grocery store (kid free) and took my time really reading labels. I didn't spend any more than we usually do and I felt really good about the choices I made. I have just finished the first week and I never once felt hungry. I love the way this book is set up. Basically if you are trying to loose weight...stay in the green. Well 3 weeks of walking and one week on the GI Diet and I'm down 20 pounds. This has definitely given me that extra push to stick with it. I expect to plateau but its a start. So I'll go back at the beginning of July for more blood work.

Work ~ It's as crazy as ever. Not much change in this area except I'm trying to get more organized. My "to dos" seem to be all over the place. I have to say I have some of the best leaders. They recognize that we are all buried in the work and know that I'm doing the best I can. Deep breath in...deep breath out. Of course, there is no end in sight. "It's good to be busy....It's good to be busy". I also have to say that I work with an amazing team that is always ready to jump in and get it done. It really couldn't get done without them.
Life ~ I have been spoiled for the past month. Jeff has been on a TA and has been home in the evenings and weekends. I almost burst with happiness. This is the first time our schedules have ever lined up since we had Carson. Family time has been wonderful to say the least. I just don't want it to end.

Jeff and I have several projects we want to do in the house. I'm still working of purging from my scrapbook room/craft room/office. It's slower than I would like but I don't want to be hasty and throw out something "important".
We have several visitors lined up for the next several weekends. We love having friends visit. Carson loves a sleepover!
Speaking of which...I need to get ready and go to the grocery store. Lot's of fun to be had this weekend!
Until next time...

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts