Christmas Happiness

In Germany at Epcot
I love the holidays...most all holidays where you can send cards, decorate and be festive! And though it's cliche...Christmas is my favorite! I love the music, lights, sounds, smells and most of all the general goodwill toward men attitude that most people adopt, at least for a few weeks or so. (Unless you are trying to get a parking spot at the mall.)
Charlie Garland
This is a time of year for traditions...old and new. I this is where I go a little crazy. It's easy to do. In fact, if I stop to think about all the "must dos" from Thanksgiving through the New Year...I may have a problem. We start with a Thanksgiving feast. Grilling the turkey and preparing way too much food. The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. The appearance of Charlie Garland, Santa's helper elf that reports back to Santa. (Love him!) Putting lights on the house and yard. Setting up the trees inside. This year we set up Carson's tree, we put one in our bedroom and we bought a real tree for the living room. I LOVE THE REAL TREE! (It's my Christmas present.) Lights, ornaments and the stories that go along with each. I actually think that this year was one of the first years that Jeff and I didn't have our annual "putting the lights on the tree argument". (It's never serious...I actually think that we got frustrated with each other one year and it became some strange tradition to "fight".) It's a beautiful tree. I couldn't decide where to display the Christmas cards this year so I put them in the Christmas tree. Don't know where they will go when we run out of room.
My son, Carson (3), wrote his first letter to Santa the other night. It took us a long time but he was determined! I asked him what he wanted to say and he told me, I wrote it down and then he wrote his own. I was so impressed...I thought he would surely get bored with this but we even took a break for bath time. 
Things still on the list of 'to dos': Gingerbread House (Carson asks to do this every morning), Holiday's Around the World at Epcot, Magic Kingdom Christmas Parade, Visiting Santa, and a few minor items to purchase. Oh yes...and family photos. I am eager to have this time with my little family. This will be the first time we have time off together, at home, over the holiday together. I'm not sure who is more excited.
Disney's Hollywood Studios - Spectical of Dancing Lights

Comments

Popular Posts