A New Adventure!

Well that time has finally come. It's kindergarten time. Carson is so excited & nervous. It's a lot of new all at once. New school, new friends, new teachers, new schedule, new routine. But Carson is ready! The uniforms are purchased, the lunches are ready to be packed, after school care has been arranged... I think we have just about all the bases covered. We had orientation and got to see Carson's classroom and meet his teacher. Jeff and I are very pleased that Carson is going to Ridgeview Global Studies Academy. The last six months of trying to figure out where he's going to school was a little more than I was anticipating. But that's all settled now and  we're ready for kindergarten start.

On Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday Carson will take Tae Kwon Do (Academy of Martial Arts), on Wednesday Carson will take an acrobatic hip-hop dance class (Performer's Edge), we have signed him up for T-ball for the first time and of course we will try to fit soccer in somewhere. Getting him all signed up for everything made me think about when I was a kid. I remember my mom driving my sister and me all over the place. Eating dinner in the car, changing clothes in the car, pretty much everything we did was in the car from one place to another. Of course this is back before seat-belts  were mandatory. And as busy as we were I wouldn't have changed it for anything. I think it's important to be involved in activities. This is where you get to learn what your skills are, what you're good at and what you enjoy. My problem now is there are too many things that I want Carson to be exposed to. Picking and choosing is difficult. Not only is there a schedule to keep in mind but also money. I have to say that going through this as a parent now gives me a new perspective and I appreciate what my parents were able to allow me to do. And I'm aware of some of the things I missed or wish I had continued. 
I also decided that I am going to interview Carson every year before school. I think it will be fun to look back over the years and see how things change...or if they change. 
Here is his Pre Kindergarten interview:

Carson interview (Pre Kindergarten)
August 14, 2013

What do you want to be when you grow up?
I want to work for Mickey on the cruise. As a server, cook or maybe the guy that makes the towel animals.

How old is Mommy? 30 (I am 39)

What is your favorite color?
Green, Red, Blue

What are your favorite foods?
Broccoli, green beans, strawberries, blueberries, apples
Toaster strudels, pizza

What is your favorite drink?
Sprite, water, lemonade, Coke

What are your favorite animal?
Lions, cheetahs, tigers, meerkats, wolves

What is your favorite movies?
Wreck-It Ralph, Planes, Monsters University, Tangled

Favorite TV shows?
Phineas & Ferb, Wild Kratts, Prep and Landing,
Fetch! (with Ruff Ruffman)

Favorite place to visit?
Friends house, Parks, Cruise, Nana's house, beach

Favorite 3 toys?
Will, Fluffy Puffy, Little Crocky

Favorite video games?
Skylanders, dragon game ipad, Disney Universe 

Friends?
Carter, Cal, Caitlin, Taryn, Addison, Tyler, Cole, Kelsey, Sammy, Logan, Daniel, Jackson, Luke, Will, Cooper, Max, Dillon, Trinity, Isabella, Micah, Noah
Pryce, Graden, Ava, Austin 

What is something you would like to do but haven't done yet?
Fly in an airplane, ride in a little boat at the beach

Where is somewhere you would like to visit?
China, California, Kentucky, Tokyo, African  Jungle 

Other thoughts:
Carson would like to be on TV someday.
Carson said "When I'm an adult and I have a son I will tell him all about my adventures."
 ____________________________________________________________

Here's to a new adventure!






Comments

Popular Posts