Remembering Mom

As my mother's birthday came and went this week, thoughts of her have been swimming around in my mind. Now, my mother had more than her fair share of faults but she was also one of my biggest fans.
I used to put on all kinds of "shows" for her. I would choreograph tumbling and dance routines for my friends and me to perform. I  would sing one woman shows for her. Mostly Annie, Cats, The Secret Garden, Phantom and Les Miserable. As I became more involved in my performing my Mother never missed seeing a show or performance at least once during the run. At least not until I moved to Florida. For any of those performances I would share with her on the phone. (not quiet the same)
Opening Night - The Secret Garden at The Springer Opera House, Columbus, GA



The last time I sang for my Mom was the December 2009. We had made the trip home to visit for Christmas and drove up to spend a little time with her. I sang one of my favorite Christmas carols for her, The Christmas Song.  I'm so glad I did. I loved to sing for her.
 
http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dignity-memorial/obituary.aspx?n=Dolly-Todd&lc=4590&pid=141335567&mid=4185180&affiliate=ledger-enquirer&personid=141335567&fhid=5117

Comments

  1. Prayers of peace and lovely memories.

    I love you.
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts